October 6, 2021

Is it healthy to live with mold?

If you’re worried that the mold in your home is making you ill, you could be right. Mold may have a detrimental impact on your health, and could lead to more serious health issues later on. Find out how having mold in your home could be affecting your health, with advice from the Swift Response mold remediation team. 

Where does mold come from?

A damp, humid environment is the perfect breeding ground for mold. And in Florida, our hot and humid conditions are the major cause of mold growth in homes. Mold spores are everywhere and aren’t generally a problem, but when these spores are confined to small areas, such as homes and workplaces, they may encourage the onset of respiratory infections, asthma attacks and allergic reactions, even in otherwise healthy people.

How does mold affect health?

Mold spores produce irritants, allergens, and substances called mycotoxins that are toxic to humans. Your health could be affected by mold spores - from a simple sneeze or runny nose, to an eczema flare up or severe shortness of breath. People with known allergies, infants, and eldery people are particularly sensitive to the effects of mold and fungal infections.

What to do if you spot mold in your home

If you have mold in your home the chances are that you are breathing in tiny mold spores which could cause an allergic reaction or even an asthma attack. That’s why if you spot mold in your home, or have a damp, musty, lingering smell (even if you can’t see any mold), it must be checked out by a professional and removed. Mold can spread rapidly, turning into a much bigger infestation problem, sometimes within 48 hours. 

That’s why Swift Restoration provides a free no obligation service to inspect your home for mold. Our highly trained engineers will pinpoint the cause of the mold and also carry out work to prevent mold re-growth. If you suspect your home has mold, call us on 305-723-9602 to book your free inspection - and in the meantime don’t touch, clean or dry the mold yourself; turn off HVAC systems and fans in the affected areas to prevent the spread of mold spores.

Leave a Reply

Contact Us

Call our team now on 866-376-7831 or email us on info@swiftrestoration.com.
We look forward to serving you
envelopephonemap-marker linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram