Mold is one of the most common problems in Florida homes. The damp, humid environment (not to mention heavy rainfall and storms which can cause water damage - the perfect home for mold) provides ideal growing conditions for mold. And while it isn't always dangerous, it can impact health negatively and can result in bad structural damage to homes. It can also ruin carpets, furniture, mattresses, even wallpaper.
Consequently, it's highly important to remediate mold as quickly as possible - and to the highest degree. There's simply no point in doing a poor quality job when it comes to mold remediation as the mold is likely to return very quickly.
If you suspect that you have mold in your home or know that you do, the best course of action is to contact a mold remediation company like Swift Restoration as quickly as possible, and get them booked in for a house inspection. They will come and check the mold using advanced technologies to check for water sources, the type of mold growing, and then provide a course of action to remediate the mold.
If you're not sure whether you have mold growing in your home (often it grows behind walls where it can't be seen), here are some signs that you probably do. Remember, if in doubt, call a mold remediation company like Swift Response to come and inspect your property for mold.
- You can visibly see signs of mold growth. Molds come in an array of colors - some are black and form clusters of black spots, others are white and form threads. Mold may also be gray, brown, green. And mold that grows behind molds might appear white and thread-like. When mold grows behind vinyl and wallpaper, it can be orange, pink and purple. In short, a rainbow of colors.
- Mold Smell. It's important to note that not all molds produce a smell, so just because you can't smell anything doesn't mean you don't have a mold problem - if you suspect that you do, even if there's no smell, still call Swift Response. Saying that, many molds do produce smell, which is often a persistent musty / earthy odor. If you have an odor like this in your home, book an inspection.
- Water damage. Long-term moisture is almost guaranteed to give rise to mold. If you have water stains in your home, discoloration on your walls, floor, or ceilings, you most likely will have mold too. Other signs of water damage, and therefore mold, are bubbling, cracking or peeling paint or wallpaper. Again, if you see this, you likely have mold.
- Water leaks. Often leaks occur behind walls, under flooring (especially in the upstairs of homes where they are located next to boilers). When this happens, mold grows in these hidden places too. Thus it is vital to fix the leak and remediate the mold as quickly as possible. Condensation formation often results in mold damage too, and this tends to occur around metal pipes and windows.
- Previous flooding. Have you experienced a flood in the past? If so, it's very likely that mold will be growing as a result.
Now that you know how to tell if your home has mold, if you suspect that you have it, call Swift Response immediately to book in an inspection.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.